- Board Policies and Procedures
- SECTION G: Community and Governmental Relations
- SECTION GD.4
SECTION G | COMMUNITY AND GOVERNMENTAL RELATIONS
- SECTION GA | Public Relations / Open Records
- SECTION GB | Public Complaints and Hearings
- SECTION GC | Relations with Business and Community Organizations
- SECTION GD | Advertising and Fundraising
- SECTION GE | Community Use of College District Facilities
- SECTION GF | Emergency Management
- SECTION GG | Access to Programs, Services, and Activities
- SECTION GH | Tobacco Free Policy
- SECTION GI | Animals on Campus
- SECTION GJ | Campus Carry
COMMUNITY AND GOVERNMENTAL RELATIONS
Approval of Official Navarro College Social Media Accounts:
Departments or employees who wish to set up an official social media group on Facebook, and speak on behalf of Navarro College, must receive written permission from the Department of Marketing and Public Information.
Requests must be submitted through the Marketing Request Form. If permission is granted, the Web Development and Social Media Manager will discuss issues such as confidentiality, privacy, FERPA, and web accessibility with any approved administrators. Please review the Navarro College Social Media Guidelines, available through the Department of Marketing and Public Information, for detailed rules for administering a social media group. Navarro College must be made an administrator or any account created on behalf of the College.
Accounts that are not maintained on a regular and consistent basis may be closed by the Department of Marketing and Public Information after notice is given to department or employee responsible for the account.
Responding on Social Media:
If you are granted administrative access to any Official Navarro College social media account, please adhere to the following guidelines.
- All statements and responses represent Navarro College so exercise discretion, respect and thoughtfulness when engaging with the online community.
- Employees must refrain from discussing or expressing their personal opinions regarding Navarro College policies, operations or personnel.
- Professional language and tone must be maintained at all times.
- If unsure of the best way to respond, contact the Department of Marketing and Public Information immediately to discuss an acceptable response.
Failure to follow these guidelines will result in removal of all administrative access and possible disciplinary action.
Updated: August 11, 2020